The New PMA+
Procurement Maturity Assessment (PMA) +
PMA+ has taken the best practice model and updated it to meet the changing needs of higher education. Designed to help universities take a step back and get an objective view of their procurement capability and capacity, PMA+ has been further developed to engage university executives in ensuring they are delivering excellent value for money, while providing additional support and a streamlined assessment process.
What’s in the ‘+’? PMA+ can help your university to:
• Elevate the importance of procurement efficiency to your senior executive team
• Drive qualitative input from key senior stakeholders including Finance Directors and decision makers behind major purchases, including Directors of Estates, ICT and Marketing
• Provide your Audit Committee with assurance that your institution is meeting sector benchmarks and performing both effectively and efficiently
• Demonstrate to the Office for Students that procurement best practice is delivering value
PMA+ makes it easier for you
PMA+ delivers greater impact for your institution without it meaning extra work for you. We’ve worked with procurement teams and responded to improvements you’ve suggested:
• We’ve streamlined the assessment question set to save you time but without compromising rigour
• All documentation has been migrated to the Office 365 platform so you have easier access and tracking capability
• We provide enhanced on-site advice to support you through the PMA+
• Our team carries out the senior stakeholder engagement during the assessment so that you can focus your time on procurement
• All this delivered by a team of professional procurement specialists with a wealth of experience from both higher education and the commercial sector.
Contact us at [email protected] to learn more about the PMA+ and to schedule an initial consultation. One hundred HEIs have now participated in the PMA programme with an average score increase between assessments of 13%. The PMA+ is available at a cost of £5000 + VAT.
Completing successive PMA’s has given Newcastle an impetus and a defined target to ensure continuous improvement is achieved in our Procurement Services team…The PMA+ is particularly well placed to drive further improvement and stretch across the sector.
- Neil Addison, Procurement, Manager, Newcastle University
For more info please visit - www.supc.ac.uk/pma