Mental Health & Wellbeing Masterclass with David Beeney
Founder of Breaking the Silence and Jane Austin, HR Director of Wave.
Date: Wednesday, 25th September
Address: Department of Geography, Durham University.
This free event will help create a strategy around Mental Health & Wellbeing to enable Managers and HR to put firm foundations into the workplace, raise awareness and enhance employee engagement.
9.15 am - Registration
9.30 am - David Beeney, fighting the myths of Mental Health.
We look at how we can create a kinder culture of trust where managers feel confident to ask employees about their wellbeing knowing how this dramatically improves employee energy, productivity, engagement and results.
- We explore what it is like to suffer in silence with a mental health issue in the workplace
- We improve our understanding of how employees learn to disguise their suffering
- We look to inspire employees to be more open by saying ‘its okay not to be okay’ and to share vulnerabilities
- We explore lots of ideas of how to create a kinder culture that drives energy levels and improves presenteeism.
- We look at the importance of using the right language to encourage honest and open conversation about wellbeing.
- We understand the importance of setting the tone from the top and what we mean by management education.
10.30 am - Jane Austin, HR Director of Wave.
Jane will speak about the journey that Wave have been on to create a kinder culture in their workplace and how they have achieved an award-winning wellbeing programme with little budget but huge passion.
11.00 am Q & A
11.30 – 12.00 pm - Finish
Please click on the link below to book your free place.
Here is just some of the feedback from David’s previous masterclasses;
“It was more than interesting, more than informative, it was one of the most inspiring talks I’ve ever been to.”
“Excellent speaker, thoroughly thought provoking, thank you Morgan Hunt for running this”
“Spectacular, inspiring human who has changed my thinking about a way forward with wellbeing in my organisation”
“Thought provoking and relevant to the workplace”
“David was an incredible speaker and the way in which he shared his personal experiences was extremely humbling”