Cleaning & Janitorial Framework Launch
Cleaning and Janitorial Supplies - JAN2004 NE
NEUPC has recently awarded a multi-regional agreement (also available to SUPC, LUPC and HEPCW members). The framework covers Cleaning and Janitorial Supplies, including cleaning supplies, cleaning chemicals, disposable paper products, soap/hand cleansers and laundry products.
The contract period of 3 years runs from 13th July 2019 to 12th July 2022, with a potential extension period of 1 year.
The current Cleaning and Janitorial Supplies framework has been in place since July 2015 and has now expired. Therefore, a new framework has been tendered to replace the existing agreement.
The framework is divided into 7 regional lots, to cover the majority of England and Wales. This is an increase from 5 lots on the previous tender due to HEPCW joining the framework and the creation of the East Anglia lot to encourage SMEs to bid for the framework.
All suppliers on the Cleaning and Janitorial Framework have been assessed against key Sustainability criteria. NEUPC assigned 10% of the evaluation criteria to sustainability ensuring all suppliers have relevant sustainability credentials. Members will be able to manage sustainable impacts via the NetPositives Supplier Action tool.
Benefits of the Framework:
- Value for money through collaborative buying and discounts offered by framework providers – a 9.21% average cost reduction saving compared to the previous framework
- Strong market coverage in the supply base allows direct contact with leaders in the various specialist areas, some of which are not available on alternative frameworks
- MI reporting at consortia level will be direct and so within control, improving savings reports for members
- Rebate to members based on overall Lot spend
- NEUPC will monitor insurance requirements, financial status and certification requirements for the duration of the framework agreement
- Positive approach to working and building working relationships with the Member Institution
For more information on the Cleaning and Janitorial Framework please contacts NEUPC Soft Facilities Management Category Manager, Sam Wells.
Details can also be found on HE Contracts.