New Agreement for Antibodies and Sera Now Available
The first collaborative agreement for the HE sector to cover antibodies and sera is now available to NEUPC members. Awarded by the Southern Universities Purchasing Consortium, antibodies and sera is an incredibly important area for university and public sector research laboratories that accounts for an estimated £60 million a year in expenditure. The agreement, which runs from 1 July 2017 – 30 June 2019, is split into two lots covering 1) antibodies and 2) sera and other related matrices.
Members using this innovative agreement will benefit from access to a wide range of suppliers offering discount structures, which can be flexible, to meet individual institution’s requirements. Members can access a broad range of products, including those produced under ISO certification and under GMP guidelines. The 27 awarded suppliers include both existing and new market suppliers that have undergone financial, legal and background vetting. Suppliers on this agreement have strong visibility of their supply chains and are committed to continuous improvement of animal and employee welfare in the supply chain.
- A good choice of producers who have control of their supply chain, and distributors who have full/ part visibility of their supply chain starting with production.
- All framework suppliers signed up to our request of Commitment to begin and/or continuously Improve Animal and Employee Welfare in Their Supply Chain (Appendix E).
- A good choice of product, including production under ISO certification, production under GMPc guidelines, with respectable companies that have been vetted in their finances, legal status and background.
- Most framework suppliers offered either net national prices or a discount structure to allow for different requirements and size of orders (institution profile). Some suppliers prefer to discuss their offering direct with the institution.
- A set of average, base prices across all suppliers that supports institutions to benchmark and calculate their own savings from.
- The opportunity for Buyers to rationalise their supplier base and to introduce new/ one-off suppliers to a tier structure with approved suppliers.
2B Scientific, Agilent Technologies, Antibody Supply Service, Becton, Dickinson, BioLegend, BioServ, Bio-Techne, Eurogentec, Fisher Scientific, Generon, Insight Biotechnology, Life Science Group, Life Technologies, Miltenyi Biotec, New England Biolabs UK, Oxford Biosystems, PeproTech EC, Proteintech Europe, Randox Laboratories, Sigma-Aldrich Company, St John's Laboratory, Stratech Scientific, Takara Bio Europe SAS, Tokyo Chemical Industry, Universal Biologicals, Vector Laboratories and VWR International
You can view full details including the Buyers Guide on HE Contracts. Your NEUPC Category Manager for Laboratories is Michael Hofman.